Thursday, October 23, 2008

My (Election) Wish List

I wish the election were over tomorrow, so everyone would stop being so angry at his or her friends and relatives who disagree with them.

I wish the “talking heads” on radio and television that thrive on instigating hate would get permanent laryngitis.

I wish there was a law mandating a truth meter in front of politicians whenever they talk in public.

I wish there was a truth meter in front of everyone who appears on a news program be they broadcasters or commentators.

I wish that there were a law making people liable for the lies they send in emails.

I wish that people who automatically send the false emails on were subject to fines.

I wish that the election were over tomorrow. Hopefully, the losing team will not be sore losers so that this nation can heal.

No comments: