Wednesday, September 24, 2008

ACP- Huh?

I need to either read or listen to something nice before going to bed. Listening to national news – especially politics – makes me angry. Listening to local news – usually about horrific accidents or murders – makes me sad. So, in order to have pleasant dreams, I record various shows that are usually on the light side. Hopefully, they will be so light that they will lull me to sleep.

The other night, as I was drifting off to dreamland, I was listening to a group of ladies discussing the old rule that a man is supposed to walk on the outside when with a woman. One of the woman stated she hated the custom because when she walks near the apartment buildings, she is hit with ACP. This comment startled me. ACP? I think one or two of the other woman agreed with her about disliking ACP. But no one gave me a contextual clue to help me determine the meaning of ACP – I had no idea what they were talking about.

I finally fell asleep dreaming of things ACP could be. While I brushed my teeth the next morning, I started to laugh. The show is out of NY. Many older apartment buildings are not wired for central air-conditioning. People still use the window air-conditioners of my pre-Floridian days. Window air-conditioners drip. Have you figured it out yet?

No comments: