Thursday, June 5, 2008

Did You Know ...

Last week I informed a friend that salt air causes clothes to shrink. Someone told me this, and I agreed with her 100 percent. It is the only logical explanation for so many passengers on cruise ships to have their clothing suddenly become too tight. It’s happened to me several times. Everything fits me when the ship leaves Ft. Lauderdale or Miami for the Caribbean. By the end of the week, both my husband and I notice a sudden tightness around the waist.

Another unknown fact is that gold rings shrink if you leave them in an airtight vault. Why else would rings I bought 30 or 40 years ago not go past my knuckle? In fact, when I brought the rings into the jeweler to stretch, his wife agreed the airtight vault was the cause of the shrinkage. So did two other customers in the store.

Now if only the cleaner could stretch my pants as easily as the jeweler stretched my rings!

No comments: